Holston Disaster Response
The mission of an Early Response Team is to provide a caring Christian presence in the aftermath of a disaster.
DOWNLOAD Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan Bulletin Inserts
Your gifts - 100% of which will be used to aid survivors - will bring hope to many hurting persons.
Donations to Disaster Response within Holston (Advance #143) can be sent through your Church Treasurer to the Conference Office. These funds will be used to respond to those areas affected in Holston.
EARLY RESPONSE TEAMS...
- Share the love of Christ in ways that make a Christian difference.
- Take steps to prevent further damage to property by doing tasks such as tarping and cleaning out flooded homes.
- Take note of the victim's needs and report them to the local conference or other disaster relief operations.
- Listen and help victims begin to heal.
- Provide an opportunity for Christian service for those who want to give their time.
- Provide immediate and quick response care for victims. (United Methodists can be "first in" and "last out.")
Holston Conference Disaster Response Coordinator
Jim Fetzer - 865/675-3331
Northern Early Response Team Coordinator
Dave Henderson - 276/870-1720
Southern Early Response Team Coordinator
Ralph Brock - 423/240-8953
ERT Training Coordinator & Financial Support
Mark Hicks - 865/809-9044
First Aid, CPR & AED Training Coordinator
Pat Wilcox - 941/345-6050
ERT Deployment; Registration and Insurance Coordinator
Nancy Hobbs - 276/708-6110