The 2008 session of the Holston Annual Conference is scheduled June 8-11 in Lake Junaluska, N.C. Here are deadlines for the annual gathering of clergy and lay members from Holston’s 910 churches.
- RESOLUTIONS – Send resolutions by Feb. 29 to: Committee on Resolutions, Holston Conference, P.O. Box 850, Alcoa, TN 37707-0850, or by e-mail to SheilaKnowles@holston.org.
- SPECIAL MEALS – Reservations for special meals must be requested by mail or e-mail by March 7 to: Coordinator of Annual Conference, P.O. Box 850, Alcoa, TN 37707-0850, or AnneTravis@holston.org. Upon receipt, a form will be mailed requesting specifics. The deadline for receipt of the reservation form is May 23.
- REPORTS – Deadline is March 14 for all documents to be printed in the “Book of Reports.” Reports should be mailed or e-mailed to: Secretary of Annual Conference, P.O. Box 850, Alcoa, TN 37707-0850, or GradyWinegar@holston.org. Reports not received by the deadline will not be printed in the “Book of Reports” and will require Annual Conference approval to present or distribute, based on the Standing Rules.
- HOUSING INFORMATION: – An information packet has been mailed to clergy, lay members, and lay members at-large. The Housing Request card must be completed and returned to the reservations office at Lake Junaluska postmarked no later than March 14.
- AUDIOVISUAL REQUESTS – All requests should be made by March 31. Delivery of completed audiovisual materials is due by May 15. For more information, contact Donna Hankins at (865) 293-4132 or email@example.com.
- SPACE FOR MEETINGS, ACTIVITIES, DISPLAYS – Reservations for meeting and/or activity space (in addition to those that are part of the conference schedule) must be requested by May 23. Requests for display space will be considered for United Methodist ministries on a first-come, first-served basis until May 25. Requests may be mailed or e-mailed to: Coordinator of Annual Conference, P.O. Box 850, Alcoa, TN 37707-0850, or AnneTravis@holston.org.
- REGISTRATION – A completed Registration Card will be mailed with the “Book of Reports.” The information on the card should be updated/corrected and the card presented at the new Bethea Welcome Center at Lake Junaluska’s main entrance beginning Sunday, June 8, at 2 p.m. (Please note: If you are being housed in a Lake Junaluska-owned facility, you will also pick up your room key at BetheaWelcome Center.)