The Rev. Carol Wilson, age 48, is projected for appointment as executive assistant to the bishop/ director of communications effective July 1.
Current appointment: Maryville District superintendent
Education: B.A., Emory & Henry College (1984). M.Div., Candler School of Theology (1991)
Family: "My father, the Rev. Reid Wilson (deceased), and my sister, the Rev. Kathie Wilson-Parker, have both served as clergy members of this conference."
- 1984-1988: Served as educational assistant and director of youth and children’s music at Trinity (Athens) UMC, Cleveland District
- 1991-1997: Appointed as pastor to Pleasant Hill (Blount) UMC, Maryville District
- 1997-2002: Appointed as pastor to Piney Flats UMC, Johnson City District
- 2002-2006: Appointed as senior pastor to Wesley Memorial UMC, Johnson City District
- 2002-present: Appointed as Maryville District superintendent
Home: "No one 'home church' although my school years were in the greater Knoxville area while my father served as the pastor of Lincoln Park in Knoxville; First, Jefferson City; and Loudon."
Any words of encouragement or foresight about Holston's future?
"I have enjoyed working with the pastors and congregations of the Maryville District and have been encouraged by their many creative ministries. I trust the district will continue to do well and share in fruitful ministry and that I will have opportunities to continue in a supportive role to the ministries of the conference as Bishop Swanson determines to be helpful."