Let's make our very own bucket list! We're looking for 100 wish-list to-dos that Holston friends want to experience before departing this world for the next. As the list grows, we might take votes on which should be in the top 10. Here's what we've got so far:
1. Serve a meal for the college students at one of the Wesley Foundations at UTK, UTC, Univ. of Va. College at Wise, ETSU, or Radford. -- Annette Spence (Ebenezer UMC, Knoxville District)
2. Tutor a kid at a UM sponsored agency in Holston conference like the Wesley House or Bethlehem Center.-- Marc Gamble (Church Street UMC, Knoxville District)
3. Develop a program to reach out to the deaf community and bring them into our churches. -- Janie White Hensley (Trinity UMC, Knoxville District)
4. Teach scripture to a new Christian. -- Betty Newman (church?)
5. Laugh and be nourished at one of the Johnson City District's Older Adult Events. -- Rev. Brandon Berg, (Washington County Parish, Johnson City District)
6. Deliver meals to the homebound. -- Teresa Frazier (Blackwell Chapel UMC, Abingdon District)
7. Pack and distribute food boxes at the Tri-State Food Pantry, a ministry of the Sand Mountain UMC in Trenton, Ga., Chattanooga District. Food is distributed on the first and third Friday from 3-5. A short worship service with Communion is held at 2:30. Boxes are packed at 3 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to distribution.-- Rev. Wayne Cook, Sand Mountain UMC, Chattanooga District
8. Help build a Habitat House. What if each of our 12 districts built just one house? -- Nancy Hobbs, First Pennington Gap UMC, Big Stone Gap District.
9. I want to see Holston United Methodist members fully embrace ALL of God's children as grace-filled members who can serve as God calls them. -- Ginny West Case, First Maryville UMC, Maryville District
10. I never had a calling for mission work until being surrounded by the stories of Sudan. I wish to one day have the opportunity to take my daughter there to work with orphans. -- Melissa Oakes, Harrison UMC, Chattanooga District
Send your suggestions for the Holston Bucket List to firstname.lastname@example.org or write it on Facebook.Holston.org.