Maria Humbane is a General Board of Global Ministries missionary and director of the Ishe Anesu Project in Zimbabwe. For many years, Holston has sent Hands-on Mission Project supplies to Ishe Anesu and Humbane has attended some Annual Conferences, including this year's conference on June 14.
June 23, 2011
Dear Holston Conference:
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, and I pray that this finds you well together with your loved ones.
I am pleased to inform you that I have just completed my itineration from June o8-26 in the Holston Conference. The districts and the district superintendents and their parishes welcomed me with open arms and were eager to hear about the progress report of Ishe Anesu Project. The reception and fellowship, hotel accommodations, guest house accommodation, and home accommodations were very awesome. Several churches have promised to continue to support the Project.
I would like to thank you for the honor that you gave me for inviting to be at the Annual Conference to greet and be greeted by the Holston Conference and to be involved in the sending of Hands-on Mission Project trucks to Zimbabwe and Liberia. I was so moved and overwhelmed to see how much the churches and people have worked so hard with all their hearts and did all they could to give to the needy (II Corinthians 8:1-3). Their joy was more than full and they gave very freely. I give witness that they gave as much as they could. In fact they gave even more than they could completely on their own.
I also wish to give thanks to the churches, friends, and individuals who have been strong supporters from the beginning of the Ishe Anesu Project.
My itineration included the following churches that I was assigned to:
- Mount Pleasant UMC, Wytheville, Va.: Rev. Joe Mack Taylor
- Auburn UMC, Wytheville, Va.: Rev. Katye Fox
- First UMC, Pulaski,Va.: Rev. Hugh Kilgore
- Grove UMC, Radford Va.: Rev. Karen Lane
- Fairview UMC, Maryville, Tenn.: Rev. Jerry Russell
- Middlesettlements UMC, Alcoa, Tenn.: Rev. Joe Black
- First UMC, Madisonville, Tenn.: Rev. Randall Wright
- Central UMC, Knoxville, Tenn.: Rev. Bruce Gaylon
- Chestuee UMC, Benton UMC, Cleveland/Benton, Tenn.: Rev. Betsy Switzer
- Central UMC, Lenoir City, Tenn.: April Dugger
- Wesley UMC, South Pittsburg: Rev. Joe Moore
- First-Centenary UMC, Chattanooga, Tenn.: Rev. Brian Davis
Once again thank you very much for your invitation and for your generous support -- for me and for accommodations, transportation, your wonderful hospitality, and your prayers.
May the good Lord bless you in His special way.
Yours in His Service,
MARIA S. HUMBANE
Ishe Anesu Project