We posted this question on The Call's Facebook page. Here's how our readers responded.*
- "My church, that God would reveal God's self to us." -- Chad Holtz (student pastor), Marrow's Chapel UMC, Oxford, N.C.
- "A safe field trip with 29 kindergarten children!" -- Amy Garst Archer, Salem UMC, Blountville, Tenn.
- "My family." -- Rev. Sue Lynn Johnson, Kingston UMC, Kingston, Tenn.
- "Strength for friends." -- Tiffany Wingrove, Munsey Memorial UMC, Johnson City, Tenn.
- "All my friends and for those who are lost." -- Rev. Rodney Lawson, Ebenezer/Bailey UMC, Pounding Mill, Va.
- "That the people will allow the Spirit of God to change them into the disciples that He can use." -- Rev. David Sauer, Paran UMC, Cookeville, Tenn.
- "The Reed family." -- Rev. Doug Hyndrich, First UMC, Rich Creek, Va.
- "All of my loved ones!" -- Karen Swanson Jenkins, Lakewood Church, Houston, Texas
- "That my church will be open to new ideas, different expressions of worship, and committed to allowing the Holy Spirit to move among us." -- Marilynn Smith Newman, First UMC, Gainesboro, Tenn.
- "Sabbath renewal." -- Rev. Dennis Loy, Noe's Chapel UMC, Morristown, Tenn.
- "My son and his classmates on a trip to space camp." -- Rev. Don Jones, Valley Forge UMC, Elizabethton, Tenn.
- "Unity in the church." -- Rev. Chris Brown, First UMC, Narrows, Va.
- "God's church." -- Rev. John Justice, Oliver Springs/Jonesville/Petros UMC, Oliver Springs, Tenn.
- "My wife Jan, my brother's wife Lyn, and our grandson Jon in Afghanistan." -- Ronnie Housley, First UMC, Jefferson City, Tenn.
- "Actually ... praying praises to God, just for being God." -- Rev. B. Failes Jr., Calvary UMC, Stuarts Draft, Va.
* These readers gave permission for their answers to be listed here.
Sign up for a free subscription to The Call2 weekly e-news.