The Holston Annual Conference
Job Title: Communications Administrative Assistant
Pay Classification: Non-Exempt
Administrative assistant job description:
Administrative assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the communications department. Supports the Director of Communications and Communications Department through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately, delivered with high quality, and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Performs executive administrative functions for and reports to the Director of Communications.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, emails, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Make travel arrangements for the Director when requested
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner; including database information
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Arranges meals for meetings when requested by the Director
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues
- Proofread and suggest changes to outgoing communications
- Other duties assigned by the Director
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office / Apple iWork
- Experience in design software: ie, InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, etc…
- Prior administrative experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.