Part-time Children’s Ministry Position
Ebenezer United Methodist Church, a mid-sized church in West Knoxville, is seeking people who love God and love children to work part-time in its Children’s Ministry department (infants through 5th graders).
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Teacher
Hours to Include Some Combination of the Following:
* Sundays 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (2+ Sundays a month)
* Wednesdays 5:45-7:15pm during the school year
* Quarterly Parents’ Night Out 4:30-8:00p.m. (Sunday)
* Special events and holidays as needed.
** This position would be ideal for someone who attends Saturday or Sunday night worship services at his/her own congregation and is thus available to work on Sunday mornings.
The role of the Children’s Ministry Teacher is to provide safe, secure, and nurturing care and spiritual leadership for our children. The safety and security of our children is of utmost importance. Therefore, drug testing, background check and reference check are required.
General qualifications required:
All Children’s Ministry Teachers should be of good character and be of the Christian faith. Additionally, applicant should:
* Be physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy.
* Have a basic understanding of children and their needs.
* Be adaptive to a variety of situations and able to work with children at various age levels.
* Be willing to grow in their knowledge of children and our congregation’s childcare policies through periodic education and training events.
* Have completed the equivalent of a high school diploma.
** Experience and/or education in the area of elementary education or early childhood development is a definite plus!
Performance expectations of Children’s Ministry staff members:
* Be punctual when reporting for work.
* Be reliable in attendance; give ample notification if unable to fulfill shift.
* Attend periodic training and education events provided by the church.
* Be polite, friendly, and courteous to others--both children and adults.
* Cooperate with other teachers and with parents.
Applicants should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference check,
background check and drug test required for all applicants considered for this position.